4.18.2012

OH GEEZ! Bobo is DONE

The Fizzmont Auxiliary Imaging Division is pleased to announce that our joint efforts with the Human Gross-Out and Sadness Coalition have turned out to be a complete success!  Last night, at 6:15pm, while listening to THIS SONG, I finished page 180 of my newest graphic novel, The BAD-ventures of Bobo Backslack!!  This book chronicles the horribly unlucky life of North Dakota's most wretched resident, Bobo Backslack.  It seems like EVERYONE hate Bobo; humans, animals, ghosts, YOU NAME IT!

I've been working on this book seriously since last fall, but the first 21 pages were done as part of the second I Know Joe Kimpel 4Square anthology, "NO" back in 2009 (?)  The book was written very episodically, so the hardest part was lacing up everything snugly into one over-arching narrative. 

Is this book weird?  Assuredly.  Is it a total gross-out story?  Most definitely.  It's just FUN!  I was lucky enough to get my ducks in a row in order to apply to the last Xeric Self-Publishing Grant.  For the time being, I'm playing the waiting game, but a book is designed and is forthcoming, it's just a question of WHEN!  I'll keep you all in the loop!

Dear Baha Men, please don't sue me!

Eyes bustin' out of glasses is the funniest thing ever!

The happy book-daddy.

No comments :

Post a Comment